Saturday, November 20, 2010

10,000+

I know I say it often - but I love where I work.

The kids are great - staff is great - it's just great.

Every year we hold a canned food drive. This year our ASB director (Award Winning - by the way) set a goal of 10,000 cans.

We have a school of 3,400+ students and a staff of over 150.

Over two weeks we added to the growing pile of cans. I offered my 5th period a deal. If they gave me money I would go to Winco and by cans. Well they were more than generous with their donations. I made three trips to the store and purchased over 500 cans. All together with the cans students brought from home we donated 598 cans.

The entire school raised 10,378 cans. The food pantry had to bring three trucks to take all of the food back.

It was a great day to be a bronco.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...