Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh Happy Day




Yesterday I was able to watch the swearing in of the 44th president of the United States - Barrack H. Obama.
I feel that this moment in history will be something that I talk to my children about.
I almost missed the exact moment when he placed his hand on the bible Abe Lincoln used. This is what happened. My school has the ability to watch cnn live via the computer. So there I am getting ready to watch this moment in history and the sound goes out. So I send a kid across the way to another teachers room. They come back and say that yes the sound is working in the other room. Looking at my class I start shouting go go go! I WILL NOT MISS THIS.
All 30 of us leave my room and run into the other classroom. there are now over 60 people in this one room sitting anywhere there is room. some are on the floor some are sitting on top of desks. but all of them were quiet. it was really amazing. seeing that my 1st period class are some of the loudest children on the planet. then they asked the audience to please stand - and the whole room stood up. (this is where i begin to cry) i couldn't believe how short it really was. and the fact that 12noon is the moment he became the prez and in real life world it wasn't until 12:04 was the moment he took the oath.
it was a very unreal day. i am still trying to remember all of the things that happened. WOW

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...