Saturday, February 7, 2009

Where are my parachute pants when I need them!


This is a sign that is in my neighborhood. It makes me smile, for so many reasons. the idea that some child would risk the consequences of being caught defacing property for this work of art warms my hart. now don't get me wrong i do not like tagging in any way. i can list multiple reasons why this is wrong and no child should think this is okay. but i do enjoy it.
my friend Cuirstaun and i were driving around and saw this sign. both of us starting laughing so hard. in part because with the handwriting it appears to be a younger soul who put this artwork up - and neither of us could figure out how they would know the great works of MC Hammer. as that genre of music is a bit old for these young kids. maybe they are getting it from an older sibling.
i stopped the car and gave Cuirstaun my camera because we had to have this for time and all eternity. so I'd like to say thank you to that feisty little soul who took the risk to add a little sunshine to all the children who grew up in the late 80's. so that we can all take a collective breath and sing. Da na na na - na na - na na STOP - HAMMER TIME!

1 comment:

Ross Connard said...

Signs are a great medium to mess with. I pulled a prank like that in High School

http://rosspratt.blogspot.com/2009/01/memories.html

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...