Saturday, October 9, 2010

This is the FBI

True Story:

Talking to my dad on the cell phone about going down to the car show today.
House phone rings.

"Hello"
"Yes your husband told me to call you this is Mark from the FBI"
"Ummmm who are you looking for"
"Yes, Your husband told me to call you - I don't have his name here in front of me"
"Ummm this is the Parsons' residence"*
"Oh I might have the wrong number - do you know anything about a kidnapping?"
"No - you have the wrong number"
"Sorry to bother you." - Hangs up.

So was this a prank call? Or is there some random family out there waiting to hear from the FBI about a kidnapping. I don't think that's something to joke about - and not on a Saturday morning at 10am.

On a lighter note - we are going down to the car show with my dad and having dinner with the parentals later tonight when mom gets home from her job at the yarn shop.

*We went over to a friends house last night - so I know where my husband was and we were not in the presence of the FBI, just a bunch of math teachers**. So I have to addmit that I was a little worried for a second about say my name - but I figured there are a lot of Parsons out there.

**As an English teacher - hanging out with 6 math teachers was a bit daunting - but we had a blast. Who knew math teachers were so wild and crazy! I sure didn't.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...