Monday, June 28, 2010

He comes from the land down under

A little over 6 years ago I got married to my best friend.

He and I dated for 4 long years. He was in Sydney - I was in Flagstaff (going to NAU).

In two and a half days we leave to go to Sydney for a month.

We will be spending time with his family and enjoying a long needed vacation.

Here are a few things I am looking forward to:

- Spending time with Family
- The train ride up to see Nannie and Pop
- Cherry Ripe candy bars - think mounds with cherries in it
- Tasty Cheese, this is really the title of this type of cheese, it's not like cheddar and not like jack but somewhere in the middle, and it's amazing
- Walks into the junction - His family lives in a little suburb outside of Sydney and we are able to walk into the local train station to go into the city.
- Public transportation
- The beach - It's winter time so there will be no dip in the water for me, but it sure is pretty.

The last time we were back was in 2006 - so this is a long overdue trip. I should go pack some more and make sure I have enough socks and sweaters. It's a very strange process to pack in shorts and tank top - but be counting the number of sweaters I need to take with us.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Fun fun fun. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy it all! Share some fun details when you get back too :)

Candice said...

So glad that you get to take a vacation!!!! You certainly deserve one with all of the hard work that you put in!
Winter in July, that just sounds so silly! Glad you get to 'get away' so to speak. Have fun and be safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...