Monday, June 7, 2010

a week to go

So a lot has been going on over the past few weeks.

I had the amazing opportunity to be nominated for the Crystal Apple Awards and received runner up. I was able to speak for a moment and really was amazed by the outpouring of love and support from my fellow teachers and the members of the LDS church who host the Awards.

My brother Evan got married this past weekend. He had been dating Rachel for three years and they were engaged last summer. We had a wonderful time and I'm so happy for them.

This is the last week of school. It is always the hardest week of the year. I would rather be experiencing the first week - it's the amount of grading the last week that kills. It feels like you are in the last moments of watching the sand fall out of a timer. There are so many emails and so many parents wondering what is going on with their child. I would love to be able to say to them. There is currently nothing you can do to save the grade, but if you have the ability to make a time machine and go back to force your kid to do their homework - then we are in business.

I want to take my camera to school tomorrow and take pictures of some of the amazing projects my sophomores did to capstone our Night unit. I had them choose SR books that would connect to Night. Their project was to make a memorial to honor those 11 million lives lost. They did so well. I'm so proud.

It's been a wild few weeks. And I know that this post is a bit all over the place. When summer starts in a week I promise I will sound less crazy!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Congrats on the nominee! I see you in my minds eye as the very best of English Teachers. I feel sometimes like I live just a little vicariously through you :). Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with where I am right now... but I love getting to hear all about your teaching adventures. It makes me happy. Thank you for being so great.

And good luck with the last week. It IS the worst... especially when it comes to grading. YOU CAN DO IT!

Candice said...

Congratulations on the nomination Parsons! You totally deserve it- so proud of you!

Good luck with the grading!!! I'll say my prayers for you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...