Monday, August 9, 2010

back in the sadle again

There is nothing like a trip to an office supply store to get the teacher juices flowing. I have a serious love for office supplies. Today I was able to get scissors for 0.25 cents! So I bought 6 pairs. I also got personal pencil sharpeners for 0.05 cents so I got 6 of those as well. In all I spent 24 dollars but am now set for the fall semester. If I can get a few kids to bring in tissue boxes then I'm golden.

The goal for this year is to have a personal 'edit and project' box for every table group. I was thinking that I would put the kids back into the flying V as I like to call it. This V helps the kids focus on the front of the room. But I also have all advanced English classes this year - and I might put them back in table groups. It's a constant battle really. The groups allow them to talk a bit more - but they also have the ability to swap papers and discuss when I want them to. hmmmm I think this year it will also depend on how much work needs to be don with my room.

Tomorrow is teacher day. This means that I'll be at school around 7am and get my keys back - meet up and learn what the admin have in store for the year. Then it's off to my room to set up shop. I will also get my picture taken for the yearbook. Last year a lot of us made funny faces. This year I might just bring my crown and wear it in the picture. Who doesn't want to look like a queen in the year book.

This year because of budget cuts classes are f.u.l.l. I love having 28 in a room. 30 is okay, 31 I can handle (but I don't have to like it), 32 gets a little crazy at times, 33 and up and it can become crowd control. I have 35 kids in my 7th period class. So at the end of the day it's going to be a wild ride. I hope that a few of the kids get shuffled around. I have some classes with lower numbers so even a little movement will help.

I'm looking forward to the year ahead. We'll have to see what adventures are ahead.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Good luck getting back into all the swing of things! 35 students in one class?? That is pretty crazy. I hope there ends up being some shifting too. Happy day about a fresh new year though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...