Saturday, August 14, 2010

True Story

Picture it - first day of school. Last period of the day.

I'm tired - I've given the same speech over and over. A child walks in, sits down and begins to send a text message before the class has even started. Before the bell even rang this kid is texting. Heaven help this child.

D - 'sitting, texting, unaware of the wrath about to be placed upon him'
Me - What is your name?
D - D
Me - Why are you texting D
D - ummmm
Me - D - this is a great way for me to tell the whole class that I don't like texting. I hate it - I think it will be the downfall of the English Language. Because the word 'cuz' does not mean BECAUSE.
*At this point I think that D is terrified*
D - I'm sorry it will never happen again. I promise.
Me - it better not.

I smiled at him to let him know he was not in a huge amount of trouble - but then later I found out that he is the younger brother of one of my favorite students. Sooo as it turns out he had been warned that I'm a little crazy.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Well yes, you are a little crazy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...