Monday, February 21, 2011

6:45 am

I typically leave the house at 6:40 - If I'm running late it will be 6:45.

Friday I woke up at 6:45.

AHHHHHHH

Typically I would be freaked out but know that it would be okay.

Friday I was being observed by my principal. Blerg.

Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband. While I was in and out of the shower, blow drying my hair and brushing my teeth, he was getting together shoes socks and clothing out of the dryer.

I made it out of the house in 11 minutes. When I gave my hubby a kiss goodbye he reminded me that the principal was not going to be looking at my hair, but watching my teaching.

Great.

While I was driving to work I looked in the rear view mirror. To add to the wonderful morning my mascara had smeared all over my face when I put my sweatshirt on.

Great.

I got to school with 10 mintues before the 7:30 start time. A Christmas Miracle!

The funnies part of this whole thing was that my lesson he was coming to watch was part of the Autobiographical Narrative. And the narrative prompt I was giving was to have students 'write about their morning'.

Ahh the irony.

At least I had a great story to tell my students. And the lesson went really well. I was pleased with how it went. And the principal smiled a few times. That is always a good sign.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Wow. Mornings like that are no fun. But...at least there were some small miracles in there to make it all work out. Way to have such a good attitude about it all :) You are awesome Kelly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...