Sunday, November 15, 2009

A lesson in patients


I have become in love with bulbs. Planting them - waiting for them - seeing how hard they work underground just to head towards the sunlight. I think people need to be more like bulbs. Willing to put in the work to become something beautiful.

This is the garden on the side of my house. I have taken it upon myself to make it something amazing. Every couple of months I do something a bit new or different. This has been a slow process because there are always papers to grade. Like the stack I have right now waiting for me - but as you can see they'll have to wait a bit longer.

So A while back Costco had a bag of 50 bulbs for 12.99 - Gotta love Costco! So I couldn't resist that. Called my Gramma to make sure that Tulips liked it here in Temecula - she said they did and I was on my way home!

If you have a Winco near you - 1. You are very lucky 2. The people at Winco always seem a little strange which I truly enjoy 3. they are SO cheep! and for a girl on a budget - I love me some quality food at a very low price! 4. They have random items like - Bulbs for sale (2.49) and heeps of them. I could stood in front of the end-cap just staring. I'm sure there were some people who looked at me the same way I also look at the people in Winco.

I ended up getting Wood Hyacinths and Persian Blues. (The Daffodils came from Henry's - another amazing grocery story). I spent Veteran's Day out diggin' in my garden so that a few months from now I'll be able to see the efforts of my patients. You all will have to be patient as well, because as of today - no movement from the 70 bulbs in the ground.

Side note - I think that the word patients is terribly spelled. As a dyslexic - It may even be rude of the word patients to be spelled the way it is! So I say to you Patients - You are rude!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...