Thursday, September 16, 2010

thank goodness for dads and husbands

Today on my way to work. I was only about one mile from work. I heard a pop. and then smoke started coming from underneath the bonnet (hood). So I pulled over - started to have a little panic attack. More so because I didn't know how I would get to school. So I called my husband. He was a sleep and didn't pick up the phone. I called my parents. They picked up - very luckily. And we made a plan that Dad and Hubs would take care of it while I was at school.

Happily one of my fellow teachers stopped when they saw me and offered me a ride up to school. I am very very thankful for her.

Turns out it was a water hose that popped. The 'smoke' that I saw was only steam. And Dad and Hubs were able to fix it for a grand total of 15$.

It was one of those moments that added to the week of adventures and feeling overworked.

Tomorrow is Book Club. And let me tell you - it can not come soon enough. We will be discussing the book we read over the summer - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

I am looking forward to it. And Friday. ohhh the weekend cannot come soon enough!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Glad it worked out in the end!! Oh how I hate car trouble :(.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...