Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good by 6am

I will not miss you. 6am with your cold air and your lack of sun. Your crisp air and fog crawling back over the mountain from whence it came. Your alarm ringing with a sound that sends shivers up the spine. No, 6am I've seen the last of you for 2009.

7, 8, 9, 10, even 11 - those are numbers that will welcome me - calling me to adventures that have nothing to do with grading papers or calling parents. Those are kind numbers who treat you with care. The sun welcoming everyone to the day. That should be a hint to 6am - even the sun doesn't like you. It creeps out of bed a little later and later - just as we all should.

I look forward to seeing you in 2010 6am. It's not because I like you - but I enjoy the job that I go to after you greet me.

So - 6am I will see you next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...