Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Baking Frenzy

Nicole and I decided that we would bake. We did this last year and made the most delicious stollen cookies. This year we made the choice to make a lot of cookies. We made 6 different kinds and we think there were over 200 cookies made.

This is a yummy look at all the butter, eggs, chocolate and various other sundries that we used to create the dozens and dozens of cookies. And if you are thinking your eyes deceive you - you are not deceived my friend, that is a jar of nutella - food of the gods.

































here are some pictures of our delicious delights. For the chocolate cookie recipe check out Sunset Magazine. I altered it a bit because they wanted you to use bittersweet chocolate - but I found that it would be too expensive - so we used semi-sweet chocolate chips. We also used nutella as well as peanut butter. They are both mouth watering.








I hope that you are enjoying this wonderful time of year. I am preparing to purge the house soon. Two of my very good friends are coming over to help me. I call myself a sentimental fool. And I like to keep things even if they are not the most useful. I worry that this is also what some people call hoarding. I will not end up like those people on that show on A&E so my plan is to get rid of a lot of the stuff that I no longer need. This means I will also be donating a lot of stuff to the Salvation Army/Good Will. It is going to be an interesting adventure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...