Thursday, December 17, 2009

A slip up...

I may have laughed more in this moment more than my students. It was one of those slips that I didn't even think of while I was creating a Jeopardy game to prepare for finals. Check out the template here - So while we were playing this very fun game we came to the vocabulary section.

Students were supposed to give the answer - abated - but it was a fill in the blank question so here is how it looked.

The student ____ the teacher in order to avoid the fact that he was failing the class.

This is how I read it -

The student blanked the teacher.... *laughter and a red face ensued.

Reading this to a classroom full of 30 teenagers was not a good idea. I had to take a moment before we could continue on with the game. It was one of those moments that I will remember for a very long time. And I think I will also go in and change the way the question is written.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...