Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 and 1/2 weeks to go

Spring break can not get here fast enough.

Yesterday I was explaining to one of my classes what there is left to do before spring break. And I almost cried. It was purely out of stress. I could not believe what I have left to teach.

I plan on helping students complete - two more body paragraphs - concluding paragraph, works cited page, MLA test, EAP test, finish Gatsby and turn in their final SR check. And because we have block schedule - I only have five class periods to do this. So we are looking at 500 minutes.

Gosh looking at that is almost laughable.

When I was explaining it and near tears I looked at the board and just looked back at my class and said - how are we going to do this. *Shakes my head even thinking about it now*

J: Mrs. Parsons what would make it better?
Me: Gummy Bears
The class: laughter
J: Really?
Me: Yes - Gummy Bears make everything better
Class: more laughter (and some nods of agreement)

This morning J dropped by my room and brought me a bag of Gummy Bears. Bless her little heart. It did make my day.

And I have had a better day than yesterday - and I'm giving partial credit to the bears.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...