Sunday, December 26, 2010

How will people know you are smart...

Today I had brunch with two very dear friends. My friend Jeff is married to the lovely Kate.

I was able to hang out and catch up - we had a blast.

Both Kate and Jeff are engineers. Very smart people.

We were talking about my students and why it's important to be a good writer. Kate made the following statement and I want to put it on a poster in my classroom.

"How will people know you are smart - if you can't tell them about it." She talked about the fact that there are so many people who can't write, speak, or present their thoughts in a way that makes sense.

I am seriously going to make a poster of this statement. I might also find a way to have it printed on pencils.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...