Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Break

Ahhh Winter break. That Mid year reprieve that keeps teachers sane.

I have so many things to be thankful for this Christmas season. I have a wonderful Hubs who puts up with my long hours of grading papers. I'll be making many a filling dinner and spending lots of time with him this break.

I'm very lucky that our district has chosen to take a shorter summer and a longer winter break. So my dear friends, I don't have to go back to work until Jan 10, 2011. Next semester will bring it's busy schedule soon enough so I'll start planning after Christmas.

Until then here is the plan -

Food
Coffee with friends and some old students
2012 Christmas party (attending with Kristine of Blog Stalking fame)
Wrapping of Presents
Getting a few more presents to finish off the list
Christmas with the Family
Craft Days with friends
Blogging about all of the Christmas presents I've been making
Sleeping in
Taking the dog for walks


Ah I love breaks from school. But I do love when you know your students have also enjoyed the year so far - I have more fudge, cookies, mugs, Christmas cards, and starbucks gift cards than I know what to do with.

It's been a great year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...