Monday, December 20, 2010

Ummm what?

So early this morning I got up and went to Riverside to have a benign cyst taken off the back of my neck.

I'm find everything went well. Drove myself home and even stopped at Costco*

The only bummer is that while the nurse was putting on the giant band-aid on the back of my neck she says to me.

"You will need to change the dressing twice a day and put ointment on it when you change it. You also need to wait 48 hours before you shower."

Me: I can't wash my hair for two days?

Nurse: No, you need to keep it dry and not mess with the 5 stitches

Me: (Trying to be calm) Okay.

You see - I don't mind having a bath - that is actually sounding wonderful. It's the not washing my hair that creeps me out. I have VERY oily hair. The kind of hair that looks almost wet when i go for more than 24 hours without washing it. I wash my hair in the morning because by the end of the day it looks gross. So needless to say I am not looking forward to the next two days of greasy hair.

But Thankfully I'm on vacation, so if I stay locked up in the house for a day or two it won't matter.

Just call me Repunzel.

*Yes that's right friends, I went to Costco the week before Christmas! I know you are proud of me.

2 comments:

Carly said...

try sprinkling baby powder in your hair (and then shaking it out) to reduce the greasiness!! It works, I swear.

Nothing worse than greasy hair, I tell ya. Good luck!

DB Stewart said...

"Repunzel" = awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...