Friday, December 3, 2010

Two More Weeks!

That's all I need to get through in order to get to Christmas break.

I will be doing some activities with supplemental reading books, grammar, and a literary terms test over the next week - then finals!

I can't believe how quickly this semester has gone by. It feels strange to me that so much has happened in 2010. I'm looking forward to seeing it go. Last spring was rough and I'm glad to be looking a new year in the face.

Plus -PROM is coming in the spring. I will be helping the class of 2012 put on prom this year. It's going to be so fun. Or at least I think so. But I'm kind of a nerd like that.

My only problem now is getting about 100 research papers graded. I've been pushing through a lot of them. And I have read some great papers. And then... there are those where I start verbalizing my frustrations.

I really don't know how some of these kids ended up in an advanced English class. I know they mean well. But their writing is - well - it needs some work. I think that the biggest problem young writers have is that they don't read over their work. They think that the sound awesome.

I guess that's what revision is for!

Two more weeks.... here I come vacation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...