Friday, December 31, 2010

NYE - and teachers

I'm not sure if this is always the way teachers feel around this time of year. But I know that I do.

I don't really care about New Years Eve. I still have another semester to teach.

As a teacher (and generally controlling person) I don't really drink. I don't like being drunk. And I don't like the taste of most alcohol. So really - this is not the best day of the year for me.

I'll tell you what's a great night. The eve before summer vacation. Now that is a holiday. Oh The dreams and the new craft projects that will be attempted. The closets that will be cleaned out. Oh Heavens I love New Summers Eve*.

I look forward to 2011 - I think it's going to be a great year. I really am d.o.n.e. done with 2010. There were some great moments - don't get me wrong. And the second half of the year has been great. But again the teacher view on this whole situation is that school years take precedent over actual calendar years.

So as I look at a new calendar year and 5 and a half more months of the school year. I hope that things continue to be positive.

I wish you a happy and healthy new year - no matter which way you look at it.

*I think Summer's Eve might be a feminine hygiene product. I am not referring to that. gross**.

**Don't get me wrong being clean and healthy is a good thing. But those commercials are too much information.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...