Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Better Blogger

This past September I talked about wanting to be a better blogger. I've been working on it. At least I feel like I have. There are things about my writing that I like - I feel like I'm willing to discuss what I'm really thinking. There are things that I don't like - I think I have a poor vocabulary and that even when I am discussing what I'm thinking - it doesn't come across in that eloquent way that I'm always dreaming of.

Part of the vocabulary issue comes from my dyslexic little mind. I can think of the word that I want but the way that I type it out is so incorrectly that even spell check doesn't know what to think of. But at the same time this struggle has allowed for an extended way of putting things down on paper.

I peruse other blogs and find that their voice is so clear, clever, concise. Their vision and goal is clear and that's what I'm going for this year. I also may give up on capitalizing my I-s.

As an English teacher i struggle with this. i should take the time to hit the shift key - it doesn't take but a simple second. But i'm not sure that i care. Is that bad. What would my students think? And so my struggle will continue. Better writer - better blogger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...