Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaching Writing

I have a little confession to make.

I love teaching the research paper. Now don't get me wrong - I struggle getting through the grading of them. And when there are 180 to grade - yikes!

But there is something about the process that I really enjoy. It's nice to know what's coming. What my expectations are. What goals are set. I also like knowing that students really are learning something. They are looking for information to help them get a grade - but at the same time they are reading over articles and learning about a current event/issue in society. We have great topics this year - from Autism to Global Warming.

When I first talk about the topics I get excited about it. My students often say "Mrs. Parsons you seem so excited about this" and part of it is - I love to learn. I want to know and find out and be exposed to what is going on in the world. I look forward to reading my students writing. They really are able to teach me in the process of their own learning.

So here I begin the journey - deep into the darkness of Research - there will be a little smile on my face.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...