Wednesday, January 13, 2010

oh.my,stars.

Got up - thinking this was going to be an amazing day.

Yesterday I had a 'drive by' and my principal stayed for almost 30 minutes enjoying my class. Had a great lesson going before he even walked in the room and so it was wonderful to have him stop by.

I was so happy and thinking that today was also going to be as great as yesterday.

Then I made a choice - one that I regret - I was hungry - so I put popcorn in my microwave.

And it burnt.

And it created smoke.

A lot of smoke... (No Flames!) And when smoke happens in a classroom it's not good.

It set the alarm of. The School Wide alarm. So that means 3,200 people have to leave what they are doing and go out to their safe spots.

The alarm only went off for about 2 minutes. because the office called me and asked what the problem was - All I could say was "It was my popcorn and I'm so sorry, I'm just so sorry."

Everything turned out okay. I'm VERY embarrassed. Was shaking and crying while it was happening. But in about three or four weeks I'll be laughing about it. But I won't be eating popcorn for a while. a long long.... long while.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...