Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the one where i scream at my school computer

Now don't get me wrong. i am completely 100% grateful that i have a computer in my classroom at work. i know that for years and years teachers did all of their work by hand and it would put me into a terrible tailspin if i were to go to school tomorrow and it were gone from my life.

that being said - this was my morning...

This weekend i put together a rocken' assignment for teaching persuasive essays. i don't have ink in the computer at home so i didn't print it here. i figured that it would be okay to print it at work. After all that's what computers are for, right. Now i have known for a few years that my computer takes a while to boot-up. Today i got to work at 7, school starts at 7:30. At 7:15 my computer was still trying to open files, get it's self going, and i sat there waiting, and waiting, and getting heated. Then at 7:23 i called Nicole down the hall to see if she could print it for me - i had also sent her the file because we do a lot of the same lessons. She was able to print it for me and i ran to the copy room - got my copies done and was only 1 minute late for class.

Now between the time 7:00 and 7:23 i began to talk to my computer. At first it was little words of encouragement. "Come on little computer you can do it". Then as the minutes passed by i started to yell. "WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG" - "DON'T YOU KNOW SCHOOL STARTS SOON AND I NEED THIS!" "BLURG THIS IS CRAZY, WORK YOU STUPID THING" - just so you know, the computer did not answer back. It didn't budge - it makes me crazy. It shouldn't take that long for a computer to get moving.

The computer that is in my room has been with me for the past 4 and a half years.

Note: Computers are like dogs - for ever 365 days on the planet it equals multiple years. 1 human year = 10 computer years.

I think this means that my computer is having a mid life crisis. Or - it hates me.

Either way it made me crazy this morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...