Friday, February 26, 2010

what a day

So I'm sitting here watching my dvr of oprah with the cat sitting on my lap. Trying to think of a way to re tell the events of the day. I keep hoping she will come through my tv and scream that I'm getting a car. I love my car don't get me wrong, but how awesome would that be!

I'm also waiting for the laundry to finish so I can put it in the dryer. *we have an upstairs washer and dryer - go ahead and be jealous. *

The day started out by showing up to school printing out my sub-note, meeting my sub, and walking out the door to go film a video clip for the morning announcements for two new classes being offered on campus next year. Two years ago I helped write a grant, we got the grant and we are now in our implementation year. Today I was spending the day trying to figure out how to spend a whole lot of money that wasn't mine. That's fun - it's also very stressful.

I rapped today on the announcements.
Here is how it went.

Myyyyyy name is Mrs. Parsons and I'm here to say
That I'm going to talk to you about two classes today
Intro to education
And methods in teaching
Now Stop - I know what you're thinking
Why would I want to come to school and learn
About the education that I already learned
Well did you take child development or psychology
These are those classes just rolled up you see
It's about education
It's about how you learn
It's about the college degree that you'll earn
So stop by my room M114
or go knock on your councilors door
For more information yo!!!!

I know - you're impressed - you may not be able to continue because you are so amazed by my mad skills.

but you will because you are a good friend - and you are thinking "If this is how the day started what more could be on it's way?!"

I spend 7 hours planning curriculum for the Methods in Teaching class - and ran around trying to figure out how to spend a lot of money by March 19th.

(Oprah just told me that spicy is the new feeling for spring - Hi I've been spicy for years Oprah, where have you been)

Then at 2:30 I head my happy self back to my classroom. and what am I met with - an angry sub note. One of my classes was going to watch Julius Caesar. Yes I know it was the 1970s BBC version - but it was a movie, on a Friday - And my kids had their heads down and were so rude that he turned off the movie 40 minutes before class ended. Blurg. It's so embarrassing to have your kids misbehave.

Between 2:30 and 5 I talked with a few friends about some upcoming events (Baby shower for Kristine the Blog stalker). and enjoyed some dinner with friends T (the secret agent), Kristine and Ellen. We went to Mama Rosas a very yummy italian food.

But Wait - There's more!

The ASL variety show was tonight. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Two hours of some very dedicated kids putting on a fantastic performance. There was everything from Single Ladies to Imagine by John Lennon. There were many points where I was totally tearing up. But I'm a sucker for a great performance by kids who really love what they are doing. I could tell that they had worked so hard - for their friends, teachers, and families.

It was a great end to a bit of a long week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...